Monday, May 20, 2013

There's A Reason They're In The Chorus


Wednesday after class Cali and I went and grabbed a couple day-of tickets to "Chorus Line". The only seats they had available were in the front row, which was interesting, but more about that in a minute. Next door to the theatre was a hole in the wall Chinese food place that actually had pretty great food... Except we have suspicions that they ripped Cali off. Shame on them. A short tube ride later we ended up in front of Primark... which is all I'd hoped it'd be and more. It's basically a cheaper version of Forever 21. We had fun wandering around there for a bit, then went back to the flats where I caught a quick nap before the show. Chorus Line was... interesting? It was basically Breakfast Club for dancers... and VERY 70s. It had it's redeeming moments though. There was some great dancing and some fun numbers. Lots of talking and exposition, which isn't really my style of show, but I'm glad I got to see it. Sitting in the front row wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I feel like it's a show that really only dancers/actors can fully appreciate since it deals primarily with the struggles that relate specifically to those who have to audition to find a living. The theatre it was performed in was absolutely gorgeous. My favorite theatre I've been in so far this trip. I didn't take any pictures on Wednesday (because I suck), but here are some pics from the internet:

The best part of the show was the curtain call...


While waiting for the bus to get back to the flat we ran into a few other classmates who had just come from Byron's, a burger joint where you can get an American-style milk shake (if you ask for a malt). They raved about the "life changing milkshakes" and pointed out a Byron's that was right across the street from the bus stop... so naturally we went there. I am happy to announce that the milkshakes were indeed stellar.

It's raining right now... as always. I love it. It's rained every night this week. The street outside our window creates a sort of wind tunnel and the wind comes through so fast it sounds like thunder. It's my favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment