Monday, May 20, 2013

Mice In The Library


Monday was wonderful. After class we picked up tickets to "Mouse Trap" and then had time to stop at Platform 9 3/4 again before meeting up with the rest of the class. (Yes, I've been to King's Cross like 3 times now. What of it?) We went to the British Library and it was one of the best experiences I've had on the trip thus far. There was an exhibit open to the public and on display were some of the oldest and most prolific pieces of work known in our time. Sketches by Michelangelo,  the notebook of Leonardo DiVinci, letters from Napoleon and Churchill, ancient Chinese scrolls, Handel's original "Messiah", scores annotated by Beethoven, the oldest copy of Beowulf, the Canterbury Tales, pieces from every British author I've ever studied about, paintings of the London fire, a prayerbook embroidered by Elizabeth I, loads of Beatles memorabilia, and so much more. It was overwhelming to be in the presence of the product of hundreds of brilliant minds, the minds that have shaped our world, our understanding, and our humanity. It was extremely humbling and very inspiring. I will most definitely return before the end of my stay... And I'll take pictures this time.

I did take this one though.

After the library a few of us went to Victoria station, where the Harry Potter platform 9 3/4 scene was filmed. It was a really cool station. It was a cool mix of outdoor and indoor.



We just looked around and basked in the awesomeness of the location and then headed out.

Mouse Trap was a fun show.


Bloody windy it was.


It's a murder mystery show, so during interval (which is what they call intermission... crazy Brits) we all had fun guessing who the killer would be. My interval guess was wrong, but right at the beginning of the second act I figured it out. Fun show. I enjoyed it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment