Friday, May 10, 2013

Restless Wanderings

Today I tested my comfort with the Tubes and wandered. I had to do some errands which resulted in me winding up in a brand new part of town. I was going to attempt to find my way to the West End to catch a show, but the neighborhood I was in was filled with tiny shops of different varieties and the streets were filled with markets and street performers. I couldn't just up and leave it. I first ducked into a small bookstore where I bought a copy of The Great Gatsby (I'm excited to finally see the movie when I get back to the States!), then into another store where I found my beloved Dr. Pepper. From there on out I just window shopped sometimes walking through one store or another. It was a laid back adventure that I'm glad I could have. I stubbled upon a few treasure while I was out. Namely:

Some awesome London-themed graffiti 


Whatever this happened to be




And this beautiful church

Plus...


Teehee


The best part?
On my way home I was asked directions, not by a fellow American or tourist, but by a Brit. That's right. They've accepted me as one of their own. 

This post is short; here's a few more pictures:

Since I'm an English nerd I geeked out a little when I saw these:



It's small, but the sign on this says "Black Friar's Pub" I don't know if it was meant to be a Canterbury reference since the area was called Blackfriars, but the engraved Friar bears uncanny similarity to the descriptions Chaucer gives.


St. Paul's Cathedral. I have yet to go up close to it, but I have every intention of feeding the birds on its steps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment