Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Taxi Ride for a Taxing Day

I'm FINALLY here! It's been a long... day? I don't even know, because I left L.A. on Monday and now it's almost Wednesday. After a 11 hour flight and a 3 hour wait at the airport I met up with one of my classmates and our jet-lagged brains decided that we weren't capable of navigating the Underground in such a condition... so we took a taxi.

Best. Decision. Ever.

Seriously. It was more money than I would normally be comfortable spending, but it was completely worth it to not have to haul luggage through the Tube and to not have to trek 30 minutes from the station to our flat. Plus we got to see some of the city, which even in my half-asleep, absent-minded state, I was amazed by.

Our flats are probably the greatest things ever. They're directly across the street from Hyde Park so there's a great view from every window. And it's adorably quaint. Pictures to come tomorrow.
Everything in London is trees or brick. I love it. It's clean, cute, and dignified. But the left-sided driving will take some getting used to.


I'm currently trying to muster the energy to buy a few necessary items I didn't (read: forgot) to pack. It's almost 7pm and I'm trying to hold out until 9 before I completely collapse. 8:30am classes are going to come waaay too soon. But I'm very excited to be here. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment